Located in Helensvale, 1.5 hours’ drive south of Brisbane, Dreamworld is Australia’s largest theme park. It features more than 40 fabulous rides, alongside live shows and animal exhibits. There is something for everyone to enjoy here. Whether it’s the adrenalin-pumping thrill rides, wildlife presentations, ABC Kids World, or the DreamWorks Experience where animation characters from Kung Fu Panda, Shrek, Madagascar and more come to life, you are guaranteed a great day out whatever your age.
Come face-to-face with the furry residents on Tiger Island. Immerse yourself in traditional Indigenous culture at Dreamworld Corroboree. Get a bird’s eye view of some of Australia’s most spectacular landscapes on board Sky Voyager — a simulated flight in the Southern Hemisphere’s first ‘flying’ theatre. And make sure you tick off each of these thrill rides during your visit…
- Tail Spin
- Tower of Terror II
- The Giant Drop
- Hot Wheels Sidewinder
- Mick Doohan’s Motocoaster
- The Claw.
Dreamworld offers an extensive range of food outlets and can satisfy most dietary requirements.
Warner Bros. Movie World
Also situated in Helensvale, Warner Bros. Movie World is a chance to immerse yourself in the magic of the movies. This incredible theme park (located right next to a set of working film studios) is renowned for being ‘Hollywood on the Gold Coast’. Spend a day meeting your favourite cartoon and super hero characters, climbing on board the thrill rides, and watching a mind-boggling array of world-class performances and shows.
Here are just a few of the highlights of a day at Movie World:
- Ride the DC Rivals HyperCoaster
- Get photos with DC super heroes and super villains
- Experience spooky surprises and roller coaster thrills on the Scooby-Doo Spooky Coaster Next Generation
- Visit Kids’ WB! Fun Zone — home to your favourite Looney Tunes characters and attractions
- See Hollywood Stunt Driver 2 — a live action movie set featuring breathtaking stunts and precision driving.
Make sure you also check out the new WB Studio Showcase — an incredible exhibition of movie memorabilia, including costumes, cars and props from blockbusters like The Great Gatsby, A Star is Born, Mad Max, Wonder Woman, Shazam! and Suicide Squad.
Movie World features a great range of places to eat, and can meet most dietary requirements.
Take a walk on the wild side at Australia Zoo in Beerwah on the Sunshine Coast — one hour’s drive north of Brisbane. The zoo is the legacy of famous wildlife warrior Steve Irwin, and is home to a vast array of native and exotic animal and bird species. There are wildlife presentations throughout the day, including crocodile feeding and snake handling. The zoo’s expert handlers even walk some animals through the park!
Here are just some of the highlights of a day at Australia Zoo:
- See more than 1,200 animals
- Watch the Australia Zoo Wildlife Warrior Show in the Crocoseum
- Jump on board Steve’s Safari Shuttle — hosted by friendly and knowledgable guides
- Visit Bindi’s Island — a tropical island paradise that is home to lemurs, giant tortoises, snapping turtles, colourful macaws, and more
- Watch the free-flight bird show
- Visit the Tiger Temple — home to the critically endangered Sumatran and Bengal tigers
- See the park’s amazing multi-species Africa exhibit.
Australia Zoo believes in conservation through education. A day at the park will ensure you learn a huge amount about Australia’s endangered animals, and many of those from the wider world.
Dining options at Australia Zoo include an extensive foodcourt, a diner, and a variety of kiosks. Most dietary requirements can be accommodated.
*No credit card or booking fees are applied to bookings made directly on The Big Bus tour and travel guide website. Fees may be applied to bookings made via affiliate websites, including Viator. Our best price guarantee applies to theme park tours from Brisbane available on The Big Bus tour and travel guide website and does not apply to tours offered via affiliate websites, including Viator. For terms and conditions or to make a claim, please click here.