Accommodation, tours & activities
The Big Bus tour and travel guide is an Australian online retailer of accommodation, tours and activities in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Hobart, Adelaide and Perth. The products we offer in these cities are provided by many leading hoteliers, tour operators and attractions. We also offer tours and activities in regional Australian cities and international destinations through an affiliate agreement with Viator (a TripAdvisor company). If you are booking your tour or activity on Viator’s website, their booking terms and conditions will apply.
Changes & cancellation
If you have to change any part of your booking due to unforeseen circumstances, please contact us on 1300 330 189 or email [email protected] as soon as possible. The following cancellation and amendment fees will apply:
Tours/activities — Cancellation
- If you cancel your booking seven days or more in advance of the scheduled departure date, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel your booking between four and six days in advance of the scheduled departure date, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
- If you cancel your booking within three days of the scheduled departure date, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Tours/activities — Changes
- Requested changes to your booking are permitted seven days or more in advance of the scheduled departure date (subject to availability) at no charge.
- Requested changes to your booking within seven days of the scheduled departure date may attract a change fee, which varies by supplier. Please contact us for additional information.
Accommodation — Cancellation/changes
- The majority of our accommodation package rates do not permit cancellation or changes once paid in full. If you need a refundable rate for your package, please let us know and we will provide a new costing. Once you confirm your booking, please ensure you have adequate travel insurance in place to cover you against unforeseen circumstances.
General terms & conditions
- We sell various tours and activities on behalf of tour operators, attractions and hoteliers. All bookings are made subject to the terms and conditions and limitation of liability imposed by these service providers. We act in good faith on behalf of our suppliers, but we do not accept any liability of any nature, for the acts, omissions or default, whether negligent or otherwise, of third party providers over whom we have no direct control. Under circumstances where liability cannot be excluded, such liability is limited to the value of the purchased tour arrangements. We do not accept any liability in contract or otherwise for any injury, damage, loss (including consequential loss), delay, additional expense or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by force majeure or any other event which is beyond our control.
If you find the same tour or activity elsewhere at a cheaper price, we will beat it by 10%. This is known as our ‘best price guarantee’ and applies to tours and activities offered by The Big Bus tour and travel guide in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Hobart, Adelaide and Perth. It does not apply to tours and activities offered via affiliate websites such as Viator. To claim your discount, please call our booking line on 1300 330 189 or email [email protected]. The tour or activity must be available for booking on the competitor’s website for the date you want to book. We do not offer the guarantee where a promotional code discount from the competitor has been applied.
Please check your booking confirmation document carefully, including the accuracy of dates. Please ensure that all names are spelt correctly. Please note that your booking confirmation document contains the most up-to-date pick-up/meeting point information and departure time. The information in your confirmation document supersedes the information provided on our website. You will be advised directly if there are any changes to the information provided in your confirmation document.
Please note that while your accommodation booking will be prepaid in full, most hotels require a valid credit card at check-in, and may charge a temporary bond to your card to cover incidentals. The bond amount varies by supplier. If you need further information on this before travelling, please let us know.
The check-in time at most hotels is 2pm on the day of your arrival. If you arrive earlier, most hotels will be happy to store your luggage until your room is ready.
On the day of your tour or activity, please have photo identification with you, along with your booking confirmation document. Some suppliers require a printed copy of the confirmation. If this is the case, you will be advised at the time of booking. Otherwise, please have the confirmation available on your smart phone or tablet.
If you are booking your tour or activity as part of a holiday, please ensure that you have adequate travel insurance to cover you against unforeseen circumstances.
The following terms and conditions relate specifically to gift certificates available for purchase on The Big Bus tour and travel guide website.
- Gift certificates can only be redeemed via The Big Bus tour and travel guide and cannot be redeemed directly with suppliers.
Gift certificates are non-refundable and cannot be redeemed for cash.
Gift certificates are transferable, however the permission of the original recipient must be provided in writing.
Gift certificates can only be purchased in AUD, and redeemed in AUD.
No minimum booking value applies to the use of gift certificates.
Gift certificates can be redeemed for any tour or experience offered on The Big Bus tour and travel guide website.
Any unused credit on a gift certificate may be used at a later date, within the validity period of the certificate.
Recipients can purchase more than one tour or activity with their gift certificate. Any additional cost beyond the value of the certificate must be paid in full at the time of booking.
Gift certificates are valid for 12 months from the date of issue. This can be extended by request, prior to the certificate expiry date.
Recipients may be required to show proof of ID to redeem their gift certificate.
Gift certificate bookings are subject to our standard booking terms and conditions.
If you have any queries regarding these booking terms and conditions, please contact us:
The Big Bus tour and travel guide
Business Unit 5 / 20 Broadmeadows Road
Maroochydore QLD 4558
ABN 30 280 201 488
1300 330 189 (8am to 7pm Mon to Fri AEST)