‘There are plenty of Yarra Valley tours from Melbourne on offer, but for gourmets and foodies this option provides something extra special. Enjoy the valley’s finest wine offerings, a superb winery lunch, a cheese tasting and more. It’s a delicious day out!’
- Visit a cross-section of Yarra Valley wineries – both large and boutique
- Experience the beautiful scenery of the Yarra Valley
- Enjoy a cheese tasting at the famous De Bortoli winery
- Taste a selection of wines at each of the cellar doors visited
- Savour a delicious winery lunch at Tokar Estate or Soumah Estate
- Maximum group size: 10.
- Guided small group tour with commentary
- Comfortable air-conditioned transport
- CBD hotel and inner-city suburb pick-up and drop-off
- Friendly and knowledgeable local guide
- Hosted wine and cheese tasting at De Bortoli
- Wine tastings at several cellar doors and a chance to meet some of the winemakers
- Gourmet two-course lunch with a glass of wine.
Adults: AUD $195pp
Children (6 to 17 years): AUD $146pp
This tour is not suitable for children under the age of six.
What you can expect
For wine aficionados, or those who simply appreciate a good drop, this relaxed small group Yarra Valley Wine Tour with Gourmet Lunch from Melbourne offers the chance to visit a diverse selection of cellar doors. You’ll eat, drink and enjoy the scenery of this lovely wine-growing region, while discovering the true essence of the famous Yarra Valley from some of the winemakers themselves.
The tour departs Melbourne and heads straight to the Yarra Valley. Your first stop of the day is the famous third-generation De Bortoli winery. After a stroll around the vineyard, you’ll enjoy a hosted cheese and wine tasting, including several highlights from their award-winning range. [More]
Next stop is the renowned Dixon’s Creek Estate, where you’ll meet the winemaker – Graeme Miller, and enjoy tastings at the cellar door. You can also view Graeme’s extensive collection of Indigenous art.
On this Yarra Valley Wine Tour with Gourmet Lunch from Melbourne you’ll enjoy a superb two-course lunch at celebrated Tokar Estate or Soumah Estate – both much-loved local wineries. A glass of wine with your meal is included.
After a relaxed lunch the tour moves on to Coldstream Hills winery, which has become famous for its Pinot Noirs and Chardonnays. You’ll try samples of each, while taking in the amazing views over the vineyard.
From there it’s on to Dominique Portet – a fabulous French-style winery run by a 9th and 10th generation father and son team. Time permitting, you may visit another choice from several new wineries in the region (including Domaine Chandon) for a final tasting before heading back to Melbourne.
This warm, friendly and informative Yarra Valley Wine Tour with Gourmet Lunch from Melbourne will show you the best of Victoria’s premier wine producing region.