‘On this tour you’ll learn in a short space of time just what makes the Melbourne food scene tick. The tour culminates with a delicious two-course lunch at one of the city’s most innovative eateries. Relax with new friends and enjoy!’
- Explore Melbourne’s inner city with an expert local foodie
- Enjoy a serving of handmade gelato
- Taste several local specialties
- Learn the history of the city’s gourmet culture
- Dine in style at a top Melbourne eatery.
- Maximum group size: 6-8.
- Guided small group walking tour
- Friendly and expert local foodie as your guide
- Coffee and gelato at a famous inner-city café
- Food tastings at a number of outlets
- Restaurant recommendations for the rest of your stay
- Two-course restaurant lunch.
This tour has one standard price for adults and children. Families with young children are requested to book a private tour.
What you can expect
This Taste of Melbourne Walking Tour is the ideal introduction to the city’s renowned gastronomic culture. With tastings of everything from authentic Asian dumplings to delectable sweet treats, you’ll get to experience the A to Z of Melbourne’s food scene first hand, and pick up plenty of recommendations for top eateries to return to during your stay.
After meeting your local foodie guide, you’ll launch straight into this Taste of Melbourne Walking Tour by sampling some wonderful handmade gelato and a great Melbourne coffee at one of the most famous inner-city cafés.
You’ll then explore the hidden culinary secrets of the network of city laneways, watching as fresh dumplings and noodles are made, and tasting a range of local specialties: everything from gourmet salamis to artisanal chocolates. As you navigate the lanes, your guide will provide insightful commentary on the history of the city’s gourmet scene.
This Taste of Melbourne Walking Tour includes a fabulous two-course restaurant lunch.
Start your booking