‘Experience the sights, sounds, smells and tastes of the famous Queen Vic Market! This tour includes a guided market stroll and a chance to explore the adjoining multicultural Melbourne suburb of Carlton. Generous tastings and lunch with a glass of local wine are included.’
- Visit the landmark Queen Victoria Market with a local guide
- Meet the market vendors and enjoy generous tastings and samples
- Explore Carlton – the city’s ‘Little Italy’, and visit unique boutiques and local food stores
- Indulge in a tasty multicultural lunch with a glass of Victorian wine
- Maximum group size: 8.
- Guided small group walking tour
- Friendly and knowledgeable local guide
- Market food tastings and samples
- Delicious lunch with fellow guests
- Espresso coffee, bottled water and glass of local wine
- Souvenir gift.
Adults/children: AUD $150pp
This tour has one standard price for adults and children. This tour is not suitable for children under the age of 13.
What you can expect
Step behind the scenes of the famous Melbourne fresh food market on this Queen Victoria Market and Carlton Foodie Walking Tour, which includes an exploration of the diverse suburb of Carlton — renowned for its Italian heritage.
You’ll begin with a behind-the-scenes tour of the market, where you’ll meet some of the long-standing vendors and sample their delicious wares. Taste test the best regional produce and learn the provenance of the gourmet cuisine that Melbourne is known for. [More]
Next on this Queen Victoria Market and Carlton Foodie Walking Tour is a short tram ride to the suburb of Carlton, often referred to as ‘Little Italy’. You’ll explore the streets on foot, taking in the relaxed village ambience and discovering the many fabulous boutiques and, of course, food outlets along the way. Your expert local guide will talk through the historical and architectural features of this much-loved area.
You’ll enjoy a fabulous lunch at a local Carlton eatery, along with a glass of local wine. A sweet treat from one of the precinct’s best known bakeries is the perfect end to this delicious experience.
This Queen Victoria Market and Carlton Foodie Walking Tour will introduce you to the food, culture and characters of a vibrant part of Melbourne that many visitors miss.