‘This tour will introduce you to a variety of the furry and feathered critters that call Phillip Island and the surrounding region home. The day culminates at the Penguin Parade Visitor Information Centre, where you’ll see the famously cute little penguins returning from the ocean at dusk.’
- Enjoy the scenic drive from Melbourne to Phillip Island
- Spend time at Moonlit Wildlife Sanctuary meeting the locals
- Step back in time at fascinating Churchill Island Heritage Farm
- Enjoy a delicious Aussie-style lunch
- Learn about the Phillip Island little penguin colony at the Penguin Parade Visitor Information Centre
- Watch the world-famous Penguin Parade
- Maximum group size: 27.
- Guided tour with commentary
- Pick-up and drop-off at selected CBD hotels
- Comfortable air-conditioned transport
- Friendly and knowledgeable local guide
- Entry to the Moonlit Wildlife Sanctuary and Churchill Island Heritage Farm
- General Viewing seating for the Penguin Parade (upgrades available).
Adults: AUD $139pp
Children (4 to 12 years): AUD $95pp
This tour is not suitable for children under the age of four.
What you can expect
This Phillip Island Penguins, Wildlife Park and Farm Tour from Melbourne is a friendly and relaxed way to enjoy the spectacle of Phillip Island’s famous little penguins returning home at dusk after a day of fishing in Bass Strait, and get up close and personal with regional Victoria’s countryside and native wildlife as part of the deal!
Selected CBD hotel pick-ups completed, you’ll set off for Phillip Island in air conditioned comfort. You’ll enjoy the wonderfully scenic drive southeast towards the Mornington Peninsula, and your knowledgeable local guide will point out places of interest along the way. You’ll learn lots of interesting historical facts about the small rural towns you pass through. [More]
Your first stop on this Phillip Island Penguins, Wildlife Park and Farm Tour from Melbourne is the famous Moonlit Wildlife Sanctuary — home to all manner of furry and feathered native Australian wildlife. You’ll have time to feed the kangaroos and meet the koalas in a pristine bushland setting.
Next, enjoy a scenic drive along Westernport Bay to magnificent Phillip Island, then across the bridge to Churchill Island to visit the fascinating Churchill Island Heritage Farm. This is a chance to step back in time to the 19th century and learn about traditional farming practices, or just take a stroll and meet the farm animals.
The final stop on this Phillip Island Penguins, Wildlife Park and Farm Tour from Melbourne is the Penguin Parade Visitor Information Centre for the main event! Here you’ll take your seat in the General Viewing area to watch the little penguins returning up the beach at dusk. Upgrades to Penguin Plus seating or the Guided Ranger Tour option are available. Simply follow the prompts when booking.
Bring your camera to take photos throughout the day, but please note that no photography of the penguins is permitted.
At the appointed time you’ll make your way back to the bus for the return trip to Melbourne, and drop-off at your original pick-up point.
This Phillip Island Penguins, Wildlife Park and Farm Tour from Melbourne offers something for everyone. It’s a fabulous day out!