- Enjoy the scenic drive from Melbourne to Phillip Island
- Meet the furry and feathered Aussie locals at the Moonlit Sanctuary wildlife park
- Learn about the Phillip Island little penguin colony at the Penguin Parade Visitor Information Centre
- Watch the Penguin Parade from the exclusive Penguins Plus seating area
- Access the ‘underground’ viewing area to watch the penguins at ground level (additional cost applies)
- Maximum group size: 24.
- Guided small group tour with commentary
- Pick-up and drop-off at selected CBD hotels
- Comfortable air-conditioned transport
- Complimentary Wi-Fi on board your transport
- Friendly and knowledgeable local guide
- Entry to Moonlit Sanctuary wildlife park
- Short guided drive around the island and a stop at The Nobbies (time permitting)
- Premium Penguins Plus seating for the Penguin Parade.
Adults: AUD $159pp
Children (4 to 12 years): AUD $139pp
This tour is not suitable for children under the age of four.
What you can expect
This Phillip Island Penguin Parade Tour from Melbourne is a friendly and relaxed way to enjoy the unique spectacle of the island’s famous little penguins returning home at dusk after a day of fishing in Bass Strait. Make your experience even more special by opting for Penguins Plus seating, which puts you closer to the action on a fabulous purpose-built viewing platform.
After having your morning free for activities in the CBD, you’ll set off from Melbourne in the early afternoon for the wonderfully scenic drive southeast to Phillip Island. The journey takes around two hours (depending on the traffic), and your knowledgeable local guide will point out places of interest along the way. You’ll also learn interesting historical facts about the small rural towns you pass through. [More]
Your first stop is the renowned Moonlit Sanctuary wildlife park on the Mornington Peninsula. Here you’ll meet some of Australia’s most iconic wildlife, including kangaroos, koalas and wallabies. The park is also home to Tasmanian devils, wombats, emus, dingoes and lots of amazing birdlife. It’s the perfect warm-up for the wildlife spectacle you’ll enjoy later in the day!
On arrival at Phillip Island, there should be enough time for a scenic drive and a short stop at The Nobbies for a walk around the headland. Local residents you are likely to meet include swamp wallabies and Cape Barren geese.
The next stop on this Phillip Island Penguin Parade Tour from Melbourne is the Penguin Parade Visitor Information Centre for the main event. When it comes time for the stars of the show to make their appearance (around dusk), you’ll take your seats in the Penguins Plus viewing area, which is much smaller than the General Viewing area and set in a different section of the beach.
The Penguins Plus viewing platform was constructed as a joint venture between Phillip Island Nature Parks and the RACV. The architects drew inspiration from the surrounding landscape, and the platform’s shape mirrors the coves of Phillip Island’s southern coastline. Typically these premium seats allow guests to see more penguins, and at closer range.
When booking this Penguins Plus tour, you’ll have the option to add access to the exclusive ‘underground’ viewing area, which provides visitors with a unique opportunity to watch the penguins at ground level. An additional cost applies.
Once the parade concludes you’ll have plenty of opportunities to see more penguins as you make your way back up the boardwalk to the Visitor Centre.
Bring your camera to take photos of Phillip Island but please note that no photography of the penguins is permitted.
At the appointed time you’ll make your way back to the bus for the return trip to Melbourne.
Enjoy this wonderful Phillip Island Penguin Parade Tour from Melbourne to one of Victoria’s most famous natural attractions.
Start your booking