‘Add an extra dimension to your Penguin Parade day tour by booking the popular Guided Ranger Tour. You’ll enjoy a visit to the Moonlit Sanctuary wildlife park during the day, before heading to the Penguin Parade Visitor Information Centre at dusk for the main event. You’ll be escorted down to the beach by a park ranger, and watch the parade from right on the edge of the sand.’
- Enjoy the scenic drive from Melbourne to Phillip Island
- Meet the furry and feathered Aussie locals at the Moonlit Sanctuary wildlife park
- Learn about the Phillip Island little penguin colony at the Penguin Parade Visitor Information Centre
- Tour the penguin rookery with a park ranger (limited to ten participants only)
- Watch the Penguin Parade from the edge of the beach with your ranger guide
- Maximum group size: 27.
- Guided small group tour with commentary
- Pick-up and drop-off at selected CBD hotels
- Comfortable air-conditioned transport
- Friendly and knowledgeable local guide
- Entry to Moonlit Sanctuary wildlife park
- Short guided drive around the island and a stop at The Nobbies (time permitting)
- Guided walk with a park ranger and reserved front row seats for the Penguin Parade
- Ranger commentary during the parade.
Adults/children (12 years+): AUD $175pp
The minimum age for Guided Ranger Tour participants is 12 years.
What you can expect
This Phillip Island Penguin Parade Tour from Melbourne is a friendly and relaxed way to enjoy the unique spectacle of the island’s famous little penguins returning home at dusk after a day of fishing in Bass Strait. Make your experience even more engaging by booking the popular Guided Ranger Tour. You’ll enjoy expert commentary from a park ranger on the lives of the penguins, and get as close as possible to the parade itself with a seat right on the edge of the beach.
After having your morning free for activities in the CBD, you’ll set off from Melbourne in the early afternoon for the wonderfully scenic drive southeast to Phillip Island. The journey takes around two hours (depending on the traffic), and your knowledgeable local guide will point out places of interest along the way. You’ll also learn interesting historical facts about the small rural towns you pass through. [More]
Your first stop on this Phillip Island Penguin Parade Tour from Melbourne is the renowned Moonlit Sanctuary wildlife park on the Mornington Peninsula. There you’ll meet some of Australia’s most iconic wildlife, including kangaroos, koalas and wallabies. The park is also home to Tasmanian devils, wombats, emus, dingoes and lots of amazing birdlife. It’s the perfect warm-up for the wildlife spectacle you’ll enjoy later in the day!
On arrival at Phillip Island, there should be enough time for a scenic drive and a short stop at The Nobbies for a walk around the headland. Local residents you are likely to meet include swamp wallabies and Cape Barren geese.
From there, it’s on to the Penguin Parade Visitor Information Centre. You’ll be met by a park ranger who will take you and a small group of guests (a maximum of ten people) on a guided walk through the rookery and down towards the beach. Along the way you’ll hear lots of interesting facts about the resident little penguins.
Your ranger will then accompany you to your reserved seats right on the edge of the beach for the Penguin Parade. As the parade gets underway, the ranger will provide expert commentary on the behaviour of the penguins, and answer any questions you may have.
Once the parade concludes you’ll have plenty of opportunities to see more penguins as you make your way back up the boardwalk to the Visitor Centre.
Bring your camera to take photos of Phillip Island but please note that no photography of the penguins is permitted.
At the appointed time you’ll make your way back to the bus for the return trip to Melbourne.
Enjoy this wonderful Phillip Island Penguin Parade Tour from Melbourne to one of Victoria’s most famous natural attractions.