- Browse the fascinating collection of memorabilia from many of Australia’s greatest sporting moments
- Explore the Game On interactive zone, and enjoy a variety of hands-on experiences
- See a diverse range of themed exhibitions, including the Sport Australia Hall of Fame, the Australian Cricket Hall of Fame, and the Australian Football Hall of Fame
- Enjoy a family-friendly Melbourne attraction that will interest all age groups.
Need to know
- The National Sports Museum is located inside the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG) in Yarra Park at Jolimont
- The MCG can be accessed easily by public transport, and is within walking distance of the CBD
- The National Sports Museum is a self-guided attraction and there is no time limit on your visit (within opening hours)
- Upgrade your museum entry ticket to include a guided tour of the MCG (additional cost applies).
Adults: AUD $25pp
Children (5 to 15 years): AUD $14pp
There is no charge for children under the age of five. Prices are subject to change. Please refer to the booking form for the most up-to-date pricing.
What you can expect
Whether you’re an elite sportsperson, an occasional participant or an armchair commentator, a visit to the fabulous National Sports Museum at the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG) is an absolute must while you are staying in the Victorian capital. Upgrade your entry ticket to include a guided tour of the hallowed MCG itself. It’s an amazing opportunity to go behind the scenes and see areas of the stadium that the public doesn’t usually get to see.
The National Sports Museum is home to the most comprehensive collection of sporting memorabilia in the country. Cricket, Australian Rules Football (AFL), horse racing, cycling, Australia’s Olympic campaigns, and many more areas are covered by the museum. You’ll learn fascinating facts about famous sporting events and legendary competitors — from both the modern era and days gone by. [More]
Kids (and big kids at heart!) will love the interactive Game On zone. They can test their goal-kicking skills against AFL greats, race against the clock on a velodrome cycling track, and pit themselves against elite athletes to test their reaction times. You’ll also encounter a very life-like Shane Warne hologram and hear about the highlights of his stellar cricketing career.
For those that decide to upgrade their National Sports Museum entry ticket to include a tour of the ‘G’, you’ll meet your friendly and knowledgeable guide and head off on a 75-minute guided walk through the stadium. As well as stepping onto the hallowed turf itself, you’ll see ‘backstage’ areas like the Melbourne Cricket Club Long Room and Library, the player change rooms, the cricketers’ viewing room, the media centre and the Bill Lawry Centre. You’ll also take in fabulous views of the Melbourne skyline from the City Terrace.
Celebrate the nation’s sporting prowess and finest achievements on the field with a visit to the National Sports Museum.
Please note: Access to the areas of the MCG listed above is subject to availability. Some areas may not be accessible on the day of your tour for operational reasons.