‘The Victorian capital has an amazing pub, bar and clubbing scene, but you need to be in the know to find the best venues. This small group walking tour will introduce you to the best of the best watering holes across the inner city.’
- Explore Melbourne pub and bar scene with a fun and friendly group
- Learn some of the history of Melbourne
- Discover ‘secret’ bars that only the locals know
- Try local wines, craft beers and cocktails from the city’s best mixologists (own expense)
- Maximum group size: 12.
- Guided small group walking tour
- Friendly and knowledgeable local guide
- Interesting commentary
- Introduction to four of the city’s most diverse pubs and bars
- Plenty of recommendations for eateries and bars to return to during your stay.
Adults: AUD $49pp
This tour is not suitable for children. Minimum age: 18 years
What you can expect
For those who want to explore Melbourne’s social side, and learn a bit of the city’s history in a relaxed and enjoyable way, this small group Melbourne Pub and Bar Walking Tour is the way to go!
Since the days of the Gold Rush, Melbourne’s wheels have been greased by its vibrant drinking culture, and this tour will introduce you to four very different venues across the CBD. [More]
You’ll meet your local guide at the convenient inner-city meeting point and head off at a leisurely pace on foot to the first bar. The establishments visited on this Melbourne Pub and Bar Walking Tour change depending on the day, but you will get to visit a classic Aussie pub (Melbourne-style!), a cocktail bar, a wine bar and a ‘surprise’ venue of your guide’s choice.
At each bar you’ll have plenty of time to relax and purchase drinks. Your guide will provide interesting commentary on the history of prohibition in Melbourne, the beer ban during the Gold Rush, the rise of the city’s ‘speakeasy’ bars, and the development of the local winemaking industry.
If you want to continue your exploration at the end of the tour, your guide will be more than happy to provide additional pub and bar recommendations.
With great company, relaxed venues and a highly knowledgeable guide, this Melbourne Pub and Bar Walking Tour will show you an entirely different side of the city.