‘This fabulous small group tour is the perfect way to honour previous horse racing champions during Melbourne’s Spring Racing Carnival. Go behind the scenes at the MCG in the morning and visit the National Sports Museum to browse the Thoroughbred Racing Gallery. After lunch, you’ll head out to Living Legends at Greenvale to meet the champion ex-racehorses that call this unique property home.’
- Go behind the scenes of the mighty Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG)
- Visit the National Sports Museum, including the Thoroughbred Racing Gallery
- Enjoy an afternoon at picturesque Living Legends on the outskirts of the city
- Take a tour with a trainer to meet retired champion racehorses, including a number of Melbourne Cup winners
- Maximum group size: 20.
- Guided small group tour
- Informative commentary from your knowledgeable guide
- CBD hotel pick-up/drop-off and comfortable air-conditioned transport
- Tour of the MCG
- Entry to the National Sports Museum
- Entry to Living Legends, and a guided introduction to several retired champion Australian racehorses
- Pub-style lunch and afternoon tea.
Adults: AUD $159pp
Children (0 to 14 years): AUD $119.25pp
This tour is not recommended for children under the age of eight.
What you can expect
As Spring Racing Carnival fever grips the Victorian capital, this Melbourne MCG and Living Legends Tour will immerse you in the history of the city’s greatest sporting traditions — including horse racing. Not only will you tour Melbourne’s most famous sporting venue, but you’ll meet some of the champion racehorses that have captured the heart of the nation.
On this tour you can opt for the convenience of CBD hotel pick-up or meet your ‘sports guru’ guide at Federation Square. Your first stop is the mighty Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG), where you’ll be treated to a tour of restricted areas that most people don’t get to see. You’ll visit the player change rooms, players’ balcony, Bill Lawry Cricket Centre and the Long Room. You’ll even have the opportunity to take a walk on the hallowed turf. [More]
Next you’ll drop by the National Sports Museum (located at the MCG) and enjoy its many interactive exhibits and fascinating collection of sporting memorabilia. The Thoroughbred Racing Gallery is likely to be of special interest.
After a busy morning, it’s time to relax on this Melbourne MCG and Living Legends Tour with a pub-style lunch at the Docklands precinct, before you head to the outskirts of the city to Living Legends at Woodlands Historic Park. Described as a retirement home for former equine champions, Living Legends has plenty of famous residents for you to meet — including Might and Power, Rogan Josh, Apache Cat, Brew, Fields of Omagh and Efficient.
You’ll tour the property and enjoy afternoon tea at the historic homestead, before heading back to the CBD.
This Melbourne MCG and Living Legends Tour is the perfect way to mark the Spring Racing Carnival and enhance your visit to Australia’s home of sport.
Start your booking