‘There’s no better way to find out what makes Melbourne tick than on this renowned CBD walking tour. The included lunch at an innovative city eatery is the perfect finale.’
- Visit the city’s most iconic laneways
- Enjoy morning tea at a well-known local chocolate salon
- Explore the architecture and history of beautiful heritage arcades
- Visit quirky designer boutiques and cool city retailers
- Enjoy an unaccompanied restaurant lunch at the end of the tour
- Maximum group size: 10.
- Guided small group walking tour
- Friendly and knowledgeable local guide
- Engaging commentary
- Chocolate tastings at a local artisanal chocolatier
- Coffee in an iconic laneway café
- Visits to secret galleries, hidden shops and historic arcades.
- A delicious restaurant lunch.
Adults/children: AUD $130pp
This tour has one standard price for adults and children. There is no charge for children under the age of three. Families with more than one young child are asked to book a private tour.
What you can expect
You’ll meet up with your tour guide and fellow guests for this Melbourne Lanes and Arcades Walking Tour with Lunch at the convenient Federation Square location. There’ll be no problem recognising your guide – they’ll be the one with the bright yellow umbrella! If there’s a chance of rain you’ll be supplied with a brolly and, after introductions are made, you’ll be on your way.
The commentary begins with the controversial history of Federation Square’s design. From Flinders St Station you’ll head underground to explore the art, design, cool coffee nooks and quirky boutiques of an arcade that even some locals don’t know about!
The tour then takes you on a leisurely stroll through the famous graffitied laneways and arcades around Flinders and Degraves Streets. This buzzing corner of the city is packed with cafes and restaurants and pulsates with the sights and sounds of inner city life. You’ll learn more about the area’s architecture as well as some interesting urban myths!
In the famous Royal Arcade you’ll stop for an indulgent chocolate-themed morning tea. Then it’s off to explore more of the surrounding historical arcades and laneways, accompanied by interesting commentary from your local guide.
Once your Melbourne Lanes and Arcades Walking Tour with Lunch has reached its final destination your guide will leave you to enjoy a relaxed restaurant meal with fellow guests.