‘Get a right royal and very romantic introduction to Melbourne during this fabulous ride in a traditional horse-drawn carriage through two of the city’s loveliest parks. You’ll pass by the Arts Centre, the Shrine of Remembrance and Government House.’
- Experience the tradition and romance of a horse and carriage ride
- Enjoy the beauty of some of Melbourne’s most historic gardens at a relaxed pace
- See key city landmarks, including the Shrine of Remembrance and Government House
- Visit the Giant Floral Clock at Queen Victoria Gardens
- Maximum group size: 6.
- 30-minute horse and carriage ride in a traditional landau or vis-à-vis carriage
- Experienced and friendly driver.
Please note that while drivers do not provide commentary, they will be happy to answer any questions you have along the route.
Adults/children: AUD $115 for up to six guests
What you can expect
This 30-minute Melbourne Horse and Carriage Ride departs from the city centre. The route will take you through some of the city’s most renowned and historic parks, and past several famous landmarks.
Climb aboard your heritage carriage, which is drawn by two magnificent Percheron horses. While only one horse is required to comfortably pull a carriage, two are used as company for one another. [More]
You’ll cross the Yarra River on the historic Princess Bridge, then pass the famous Victorian Arts Centre. When you reach the Queen Victoria Gardens you’ll see the magnificent Giant Floral Clock, which is an immaculately manicured profusion of floral blooms.
Other highlights along the route on this Melbourne Horse and Carriage Ride include the Walker Fountain on St Kilda Road (which is especially striking when it’s illuminated at night), the lush Kings Domain Gardens and the emotive Shrine of Remembrance.
A ride in a traditional horse-drawn landau or vis-à-vis carriage offers a rare glimpse of a bygone era. Enjoy the elegance of yesteryear on this Melbourne Horse and Carriage Ride through the city’s magnificent parks.