‘There are so many great restaurants in Melbourne, and new ones popping up all the time. This Progressive Degustation Walk offers visitors a handy insight into what’s hot and trending. Enjoy a matching wine at each eatery.’
- Visit three inner-city dining hotspots
- Sample a range of cuisines with accompanying wines
- Learn about the food and wine from knowledgeable staff at each eatery
- Enjoy a guided walk through Melbourne’s network of inner city laneways and arcades
- Maximum group size: 8.
- Guided small group walking tour
- Friendly and knowledgeable local guide
- Three food tastings at each of three restaurants (nine tastings in total)
- Flight (three tastings) of wine at each venue
- Tips from your guide for other eateries to try during your stay in Melbourne.
Adults/children: AUD $190pp
This tour has one standard price for adults and children. There is no charge for children under the age of three. Families with more than one young child are asked to book a private tour.
What you can expect
For this Melbourne Food and Wine Walking Tour you’ll meet your local guide in the city centre and head off on foot to begin your progressive dining experience. Melbourne’s restaurant scene is incredibly diverse, so the venues visited change from tour to tour, but all are carefully selected to complement each other and provide a well-rounded culinary experience.
None of the eateries on this Melbourne Food and Wine Walking Tour are more than 15 minute’s walk from each other, so you’ll enjoy a relaxed and unhurried pace as you stroll between venues through the CBD’s eclectic laneways and arcades. At each of the three restaurants you’ll enjoy three savoury food tastings and three wine tastings (known as a ‘flight’).
At each venue on this Melbourne Food and Wine Walking Tour you’ll also have the opportunity to engage with staff to discuss the food and wine, along with the history, design, décor and ethos of their establishment. This information will complement the general commentary provided by your guide throughout the tour.
Please note: You could potentially consume the equivalent of four glasses of wine in a three-hour period during this experience. In the interests of safety and the responsible consumption of alcohol, participants are advised not to drive after this tour.