‘On this walking tour you’ll learn lots of interesting facts about Melbourne’s past and present, and get a glimpse of the future. Even the locals love this tour. It always reveals a different side to the fabulous Victorian capital!’
- Get a broad introduction to Melbourne’s history and culture
- Learn about the city’s Aboriginal heritage and early European settlement
- Discover how the Gold Rush transformed the Victorian capital
- Explore the inner city’s laneways and arcades
- See examples of notable architecture across the CBD
- Maximum group size: 15.
- Guided small group walking tour
- Friendly and knowledgeable local guide
- Engaging commentary
- Plenty of tips for attractions, galleries, museums and places to eat to return to during your stay
- Coffee, tea or hot chocolate at a trendy laneway cafe.
Adults/children: AUD $50pp
This tour has one standard price for adults and children. There is no charge for children under the age of three.
What you can expect
This Melbourne City Walking Tour starts in Federation Square — one of the city’s best-known (and most controversial!) landmarks. After meeting your friendly local guide and the rest of your small group, you’ll head off along the Yarra River and hear about the city’s fascinating Indigenous heritage.
Next, this Melbourne City Walking Tour covers a number of significant sites relating to European settlement, the Victorian Gold Rush, and the waves of immigration that shaped the city’s cultural make-up throughout the 20th century.
From there, the tour takes a sharp turn into the present. You’ll explore the city’s vibrant contemporary culture by delving deep into the maze of laneways and arcades that crisscross the CBD. Visit a number of popular street art sites (you may even see street artists in action) and sample the café culture that gives Melbourne its heart (a hot drink at a cool laneway cafe is included in the cost of your tour).
For an engaging introduction to the Victorian capital, this Melbourne City Walking Tour is a must-do!