- Explore Melbourne’s inner-city laneways, arcades and retail precincts with a local guide
- Visit an acclaimed Aboriginal heritage arts and craft centre
- Learn about the cutting and clarity of gorgeous Australian opals
- Discover unique Australian products and souvenirs
- Find specific products that are of interest to you
- Maximum group size: 15.
- Guided small group walking tour
- Friendly and knowledgeable guide
- Flexible itinerary which can cater for specific product requests
- Professional opal demonstration
- Sample of locally-produced confectionery
- Ample time to shop in each retail outlet.
Adults: AUD $75pp
Children (0 to 14 years): AUD $56.25pp
What you can expect
Melbourne is one of the world’s greatest shopping cities, so why wouldn’t you want to explore absolutely everything it has to offer? This comprehensive Melbourne City Shopping Walking Tour is the perfect way to do it.
You’ll discover authentic locally-made products, fashion, stylish accessories, handmade arts and stylish souvenirs of your visit to the Victorian capital. The best thing is the itinerary is flexible, so if you’re interested in finding something specific, chances are you’ll be taking it back to your hotel by the end of the tour! [More]
You’ll meet your guide for this Melbourne City Shopping Walking Tour in the city centre and head for the first stop – the wonderful Koori Heritage Centre, to view the authentic Indigenous arts and crafts on offer.
You’ll move on to a glass, sculpture and jewellery gallery, featuring works from local artists. There’s also a stop for stunning opals. There you’ll enjoy a fascinating opal presentation, and learn more about the cutting, polishing and valuing of these iconic Australian gems.
Next you’ll begin to navigate the famous jumble of laneways and arcades in the city centre, visiting a host of boutique stores selling everything from locally-made confectionery (yes, there’s a tasting!), to classic Aussie products made from emu leather and sheepskin (famous Ugg boots make great gifts!).
This Melbourne City Shopping Walking Tour is not just a shopping trip. It’s a true Australian experience, and it reveals just why Melbourne’s reputation as a top retail destination is so well deserved!
Start your booking