‘Enjoy an enchanting tour of Melbourne in a traditional carriage draw by two magnificent Percheron horses. This premium tour includes a spin around the stunning Queen Victoria Gardens and a trip along the Paris end of Collins Street. It’s a fairytale experience!’
- Experience the tradition and romance of a horse and carriage ride
- Enjoy the beauty of some of Melbourne’s most historic gardens at a relaxed pace
- See key city landmarks, including the Shrine of Remembrance and Government House
- Travel along Collins Street and historic Spring Street – home to striking period architecture, including the Old Treasury Building
- Maximum group size: 6.
- 1-hour horse and carriage ride in a traditional landau or vis-à-vis carriage
- Experienced and friendly driver.
Please note that while drivers do not provide commentary, they will be happy to answer any questions you have along the route.
Adults/children: AUD $220 per carriage (up to six guests)
What you can expect
This premium one-hour Melbourne CBD and Gardens Horse and Carriage Ride begins at Federation Square, where you’ll meet your driver and the two magnificent Percheron horses that will draw the carriage. While only one horse is required to comfortably pull a carriage, two are used as company for one another.
You’ll climb on board and begin your exploration of the city by passing over the historic Princess Bridge, which spans the Yarra River. Your carriage will take you past the Victorian Arts Centre, then head through the majestic Queen Victoria Gardens. There’s time to admire the Walker Fountain and the famous Giant Floral Clock. You’ll also visit the lovely Kings Domain Gardens and see the emotive Shrine of Remembrance. [More]
This Melbourne CBD and Gardens Horse and Carriage Ride also makes its way along elegant Collins Street – home to luxury designer boutiques and heritage buildings. There’s more exquisite period architecture to enjoy on Spring Street, including Victoria’s Parliament House and the Old Treasury Building.
This Melbourne CBD and Gardens Horse and Carriage Ride is one of the most memorable and relaxing sightseeing experiences the Victorian capital has to offer. Traverse the city’s grand boulevards and manicured gardens in the company of two gentle giants.
Start your booking