‘Coffee-crazy Melbourne has enough café choice to bamboozle even the most ardent of caffeine-connoisseurs. You’ll literally find an espresso bar stuffed into every inner-city nook and cranny. This tour is a great way to discover the most interesting and innovative options.’
- Discover the city’s amazing café culture
- Meet the owners of unique and historical café businesses
- Savour coffee, tea, chocolate and sweet treat tastings
- Enjoy a relaxed lunch in a character-filled cafe
- Maximum group size: 10.
- Guided small group walking tour
- Friendly and knowledgeable local guide
- Coffee or hot drink of your choice at each venue
- Sweet bites and other tastings along the way
- Rustic café-style lunch with a non-alcoholic drink
- Exclusive city tour map.
Adults/children: AUD $99pp
This tour has one standard price for adults and children. There is no charge for children under the age of three. Families with more than one young child are asked to book a private tour.
What you can expect
This Melbourne Cafe Culture Walking Tour starts with an historical overview of the city’s coffee industry, dating back to the 1860s. You’ll visit Pellegrini’s Espresso Bar, the city’s first Italian coffee bar, established in the 1960s.
The tour then moves on through the network of inner-city laneways to a café at the top end of town, where you’ll stop for a coffee (or tea or hot chocolate) and a sweet bite. Next you’ll carry on to one of the city’s most famous chocolate boutiques, to enjoy a tasting of their delicious truffles. [More]
The tour speeds up with a tram ride down to Little William St and the iconic Patricia Coffee Brewers. In this tiny, unobtrusive space you’ll sample Patricia’s famous filter coffee. Then it’s time for sweets – again! This time you’ll savour the delights of a French patisserie.
The tour concludes with lunch (suitable for all dietary requirement) in another of the city’s hidden cafe treasures.
While the venues visited on this Melbourne Cafe Culture Walking Tour may change (after all, there’s so many to choose from!), just bring your appetite and your love of coffee, tea or chocolate!