‘Experience Melbourne’s arty side on this fascinating guided stroll. You’ll visit street art-scapes, independent galleries and artist-driven creative spaces, and enjoy a great coffee and conversation with the group about some of the works you’ve encountered.’
- View Melbourne’s famous laneway street art up close and personal
- Visit multiple commercial and private galleries
- Visit not-for-profit galleries and artist-run spaces
- Enjoy a lively post-tour discussion with your fellow art-lovers
- Maximum group size: 10.
- Guided small group walking tour
- Friendly and knowledgeable local guide
- Expert commentary
- Visits to many of the city’s more than 50 galleries and artist-run spaces
- Afternoon tea in a CBD café.
Adults/children: AUD $79pp
This tour has one standard price for adults and children. Families with young children are requested to book a private tour.
What you can expect
You’ll meet your guide for this Melbourne Art Walking Tour at Federation Square – an artistic city landmark in its own right. Your guide will set a relaxed pace as you head off on foot to discover several of Melbourne’s 50+ private and commercial galleries, and grassroots street art-scapes and artist-run creative spaces.
You’ll visit some of the best-known cultural precincts and venture into the labyrinth of laneways to encounter the vibrant street art for which the city is so renowned. Very often you’ll meet the street artists responsible and watch them work.
This Melbourne Art Walking Tour’s itinerary ensures plenty of diversity. You’ll see everything from ceramics to photography, and along the way your guide will provide expert and engaging commentary on the stories behind the works and artists that created them.
At the end of this Melbourne Art Walking Tour you’ll relax with an included afternoon tea at an inner-city cafe.