Featured guest review:
‘I took this architecture tour with my two children. Our guide John was great. He was very knowledgeable and a great story teller. Thank you.’ Huic22
- Discover some of Melbourne’s most diverse architectural styles
- View the city’s top sustainable buildings
- Learn about styles, materials, heritage and height controls
- Enjoy a leisurely group chat to discuss aspects of the city’s architecture
- Maximum group size: 10.
- Guided small group walking tour
- Friendly and knowledgeable local guide
- Expert commentary
- Itinerary covering a wide variety of Melbourne’s architectural styles
- Coffee or tea and a recap discussion at the end of the tour.
Adults/children: AUD $54pp
This tour has one standard price for adults and children. Families with young children are requested to book a private tour.
What you can expect
On this Melbourne Architecture Walking Tour you’ll meet your expert guide and fellow tour participants on the steps of one of Melbourne’s landmark CBD churches. From here the tour sets off at a relaxed pace to take in buildings from several different eras, dating from the 1850s to the present day.
Along the way your Melbourne Architecture Walking Tour guide will provide commentary on the many notable architects, from Reed to Katsalidis, who have left their mark on the Victorian capital. You’ll encounter buildings inspired by Samurai warriors and built on the back of the Victorian Gold Rush. You’ll learn about the innovative design features of some of the most sustainable buildings in the world — including the world’s first carbon-neutral structure.
Throughout this Melbourne Architecture Walking Tour you’ll visit many of the landmark buildings that symbolise this extraordinary city. The tour ends with an included coffee or tea and a chat amongst the group on what the future possibly holds for the Melbourne CBD.
Huic22 (27/12/2016) - Via TripAdvisor
I took this architecture tour with my two children. Our guide John was great. He was very knowledgeable and a great story teller. Thank you.
Start your booking