‘This tour has all the makings of a champion day out from Melbourne! Visit Living Legends — the retirement home for top Australian racehorses, including Apache Cat, Brew and Fields Of Omagh. You’ll spend the remainder of the tour grape and hop grazing, with a visit to a top Macedon winery and brewery for lunch and generous tastings.’
- Visit Living Legends at Woodlands Historic Park
- Take a tour with a trainer to meet retired champion racehorses, including a number of Melbourne Cup winners
- Enjoy lunch and a wine tasting at a renowned local winery
- Sample a range of craft beers at Holgate Brewhouse
- Maximum group size: 20.
- Guided small group tour
- Informative commentary from your knowledgeable guide
- CBD hotel pick-up/drop-off and comfortable air-conditioned transport
- Entry to Living Legends, and a guided introduction to several retired champion Australian racehorses
- Morning tea
- Wine tastings and lunch at Gisborne Peak Winery
- Beer tastings at Holgate Brewhouse.
Adults: AUD $149pp
This tour is not suitable for children. Minimum age: 18 years
What you can expect
This fabulous Macedon Wine, Beer and Horses Tour from Melbourne combines an encounter with the retired heroes of Australian horse racing, a wine tasting, a delicious lunch, and a visit to a boutique brewery in one relaxed and highly enjoyable day out.
On this tour you can opt for the convenience of CBD hotel pick-up or meet your guide at Federation Square. You’ll depart the city at around 9.30am and enjoy the picturesque drive to Living Legends at Woodlands Historic Park. Described as a retirement home for former equine champions, Living Legends has plenty of famous residents for you to meet — including Might and Power, Rogan Josh, Apache Cat, Brew, Fields of Omagh and Efficient. [More]
Along with the opportunity to say g’day to these magnificent animals, you’re likely to see kangaroos in their natural habitat and you’ll enjoy a lovely morning tea at the historic homestead.
The next stop on this Macedon Wine, Beer and Horses Tour from Melbourne is the Macedon Ranges wine-growing region, where you’ll enjoy a wine tasting and a wood-fired pizza lunch at beautiful Gisborne Peak Winery. This winery is renowned for its peppery pinot noirs and crisp, clean whites.
After a relaxed lunch, you’ll head to the quaint town of Woodend, which is home to the boutique Holgate Brewhouse. Here you’ll sample a generous selection of craft beers, before spending the rest of the afternoon exploring Woodend or just relaxing at the brewery.
This friendly and relaxed Macedon Wine, Beer and Horses Tour from Melbourne has something to offer just about everyone — and you’ll get to see a beautiful piece of regional Victoria as part of the deal.
Start your booking