‘Explore the delicious culinary heritage of the subcontinent on this fascinating small group ‘Masala Trails’ guided walk through the inner city. Successive generations of Indian migrants have brought authentic culture and cuisine to the Victorian capital and you’ll taste flavours from many different regions over the course of three hours.’
- Enjoy a progressive-style lunch of exotic Indian fare
- Experience the flavours of different Indian regions
- Learn about the use of spices in Indian cooking
- Sample amazing Indian desserts
- Maximum group size: 10.
- Guided small group walking tour
- Services of a local guide with expert commentary
- Generous tastings of authentic Indian dishes at three CBD eateries
- Guided visit to an Indian spice and grocery store.
Adults: AUD $125pp
Children (0 to 12 years): AUD $55pp
Concession: AUD $115pp
What you can expect
This fun, informative and very relaxed Indian Flavours of Melbourne Food Walking Tour is the perfect introduction to the city’s wonderful Indian culture and diverse cuisine.
The tour begins in the city where your expert guide will talk you through the fascinating history of how the local Indian community was established. Through this commentary you’ll gain an understanding of how cuisines from many parts of India came to Australia and the role they play in the modern Melbourne culinary landscape. [More]
On this Indian Flavours of Melbourne Food Walking Tour you’ll visit three eateries in the CBD to enjoy a progressive-style lunch of shared plates, including regional specialties from Southern India and Punjab. You’ll also learn about the different spices used in Indian cooking, as you pay a visit to an authentic Indian grocery store.
Along with the generous tastings that comprise lunch on this Indian Flavours of Melbourne Food Walking Tour, you’ll also be given the opportunity to try some fabulous traditional desserts to round out the meal.