- Step back in time with a ride on the famous Puffing Billy steam train in the Dandenong Ranges
- Visit beautiful Emerald Lake and its historic railway station
- Visit Healesville Sanctuary and hand-feed native Australian wildlife, including wallabies, kangaroos and emus
- Watch Healsville’s famous ‘Spirit of the Sky’ birds of prey show
- Experience the magic of the Phillip Island Penguin Parade
- Maximum group size: 24.
- Guided group tour with commentary
- Selected CBD hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Comfortable air-conditioned transport
- Complimentary Wi-Fi on board your transport
- Friendly and knowledgeable local guide
- Ride on the Puffing Billy steam train
- Entry to Healesville Sanctuary
- General Viewing seating for the Phillip Island Penguin Parade (seating upgrades available).
Adults: AUD $255pp
Children (4 to 12 years): AUD $235pp
This tour is not suitable for children under the age of four.
What you can expect
This Healesville Sanctuary, Puffing Billy and Penguins Tour from Melbourne is the quintessential Aussie experience! You’ll meet the locals at Healesville Sanctuary, enjoy a ride on Victoria’s famous historic steam train in the magnificent Dandenong Ranges, and head to beautiful Phillip Island to watch the fabulous Penguin Parade. The tour packs a lot in, but the pace is friendly and relaxed.
You’ll head off from Melbourne in air conditioned comfort through the city’s leafy eastern suburbs. Your first stop will be Healesville Sanctuary, where you can spend time viewing the wildlife species that interest you most. Visit the sanctuary’s specialist precincts, including Animals of the Night, Dingo Country, Koala Forest and the Land of Parrots. The Tasmanian devil enclosure is always popular. Meet wombats, kangaroos, koalas, wallabies, emus and even the highly elusive platypus. [More]
You’ll also have the opportunity to watch some fascinating presentations, including the acclaimed ‘Spirits of the Sky’ parrots and birds of prey show.
The next stop on this Healesville Sanctuary, Puffing Billy and Penguins Tour from Melbourne is Belgrave, where you’ll board the iconic Puffing Billy steam train for a 45-minute ride through beautiful Sherbrooke Forest and across the famous Trestle Bridge. You’ll also enjoy magical views of Emerald Lake and explore its historic railway station. This experience really is a chance to step back in time!
In the afternoon you’ll head for picturesque Phillip Island, which is also renowned for its amazing wildlife. You’ll enjoy a drive around the coastline and a visit to the Nobbies headland (time permitting), where you may see eagles, penguins, wallabies, seals, and even whales!
There’s a chance to purchase dinner (own expense) before you take your seat for the day’s grand finale – the fabulous Penguin Parade. Watch hundreds of little penguins make their way from the ocean up the beach to their burrows in the dunes. This fascinating spectacle has been packing in the crowds for decades!
After the show, you’ll board the bus for the relaxed drive back to Melbourne and drop off at selected CBD hotels.
This Healesville Sanctuary, Puffing Billy and Penguins Tour from Melbourne really does offer something for everyone – including history, wildlife, spectacular scenery and more. It’s a must-do!
Start your booking