‘When a local has a visitor coming to Melbourne for the first time, this is the first place they take them. Nothing can prepare you for the spectacular views on offer from Eureka Skydeck 88. For those that want to take matters a step further, step into the Edge — a glass cube that protrudes from the side of the tower!’
- Travel in the express elevator up to Eureka Skydeck (88 floors in 40 seconds!)
- Take in the fabulous views over the CBD and beyond
- Pick out Melbourne landmarks like the MCG, Federation Square and Flinders Street Station
- Feel the thrill of the wind on your face on The Terrace
- Upgrade your experience to include stepping into The Edge — a glass cube suspended 300 metres above the city!
Need to know
- Eureka Skydeck 88 is located in the Eureka Tower in Southbank, and is within easy walking distance of the CBD
- Last admission is half an hour before closing time
- Upgrade your general entry ticket to include The Edge (additional cost applies)
- Children under 7 years must be accompanied by an adult on The Edge
- Your admission price includes the use of public binoculars and viewfinders.
Children (4 to 16 years): AUD $11.50ppThere is no charge for children under the age of four. Prices are subject to change. Please refer to the booking form for the most up-to-date pricing.
What you can expect
If you’ve got a head for heights and the heart for a thrill or two, venture up to Melbourne’s Eureka Skydeck 88 — the Southern Hemisphere’s highest public observation deck — for spectacular views over the CBD and way beyond.
The excitement begins to build as you board the Eureka Skydeck 88 express elevator, which whizzes you up 88 floors from Southbank to the observation deck in less than 40 seconds. As you step out of the lift you’ll be hit by the jaw-dropping, 360-degree panoramic views. Take in the CBD, Port Phillip Bay and, on a clear day, the Dandenong Ranges on the horizon. You can get a closer look at the city’s many visible landmarks (including the MCG, Federation Square, Flinders Street Station, The Arts Centre spire, the Royal Botanic Gardens and many more) using the complimentary viewfinders that are dotted around the deck. [More]
Once you’ve admired the views from inside, step through the airlock and out onto The Terrace — where you’ll experience the thrill of the wind rush 300 metres above the CBD. Use the high-powered binoculars that are provided to pick out more of the city’s key sights. You’ll also get a good look at The Edge — the glass cube that slides out 3 metres out from the side of the tower!
Speaking of which, why not upgrade your Eureka Skydeck 88 entry to include the thrill of experiencing The Edge for yourself. You will quite literally feel like you’re walking on air as you stand in the cube, with nothing between you and the city below except a (super strong!) glass floor. The Edge is the only experience of its kind in the world.
Enjoy the best views of Melbourne hands down and sky high at Eureka Skydeck 88.