‘Escape the hustle and bustle of the Melbourne CBD and immerse yourself in the tranquil beauty of the Dandenongs! Enjoy a nature walk at Grant’s Picnic Ground, a traditional Devonshire tea, the chance to hand feed parrots, and a ride on Puffing Billy — an activity that’s been cherished by Melburnians of all ages for decades.’
- Experience the natural beauty of the Dandenong Ranges
- Enjoy a delicious Devonshire tea
- Hand feed parrots and other native birds
- Ride the historic Puffing Billy steam train
- Be back in Melbourne in time for lunch and have your afternoon free.
- Guided small group tour with commentary
- Comfortable air-conditioned transport
- CBD hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Friendly and knowledgeable guide
- Puffing Billy steam train ride
- Devonshire tea (scones, tea and coffee).
Adults: AUD $120pp
Children (0 to 12 years): AUD $95pp
What you can expect
This morning Dandenong Ranges Tour from Melbourne is a very relaxed way to experience the beauty of the Dandenongs, located on the outskirts of Melbourne. You’ll be picked up from your CBD accommodation and head east from the city towards the Dandenongs. The drive takes around an hour, depending on traffic.
First stop on this Dandenong Ranges Tour from Melbourne is the picturesque Grant’s Picnic Ground — a wildlife-rich area within the Sherbourne Forest. After a short walk through the tranquil bushland, you’ll enjoy a delicious Devonshire morning tea of homemade scones, jam and cream. You’ll also have the chance to hand feed some of the local parrots and rosellas. [More]
No visit to the Dandenong Ranges would be complete without a ride on iconic Puffing Billy. The steam train travels between Belgrave and Gembrook, giving those on board the chance to dangle their legs over the side and enjoy the passing landscape.
The remainder of this Dandenong Ranges Tour from Melbourne encompasses a leisurely drive through quaint local towns and villages, with stops along the way to explore. You’ll arrive back in Melbourne around 1pm — just in time for lunch and an afternoon free for more city sightseeing.