‘This bike tour is a fun and healthy way to see the best of marvellous Melbs, and 90% of the ride is on dedicated bike paths and in parks. You can even upgrade to an electric bike! You’ll learn about the city’s early history, Aboriginal heritage and sporting culture, and make a stop in trendy Fitzroy for lunch (own expense).’
- Enjoy a safe and relaxed bike ride around Melbourne (90% of the ride is on bike paths and in parks)
- Visit key landmarks across the city, including the Botanical Gardens, Chinatown and so much more
- Learn interesting aspects of Melbourne’s history, and hear about the city’s Indigenous heritage
- Visit the trendy inner-city suburb of Fitzroy, where you’ll have the opportunity to purchase lunch
- Upgrade to an electric bike for an additional $25pp
- Maximum group size: 20.
- Guided small group bike tour
- Friendly and knowledgeable local guide
- Engaging commentary
- Use of a well maintained and comfortable beach cruiser or city-style bike
- Use of a helmet
- Free Wi-Fi at the tour meeting point
- Storage of personal effects.
Adults: AUD $59pp
Students/children: AUD $49pp
This tour is not suitable for children under the age of ten.
What you can expect
There’s nothing quite like exploring a city by pedal power, and this half-day Best of Melbourne Bike Tour will give you an amazing introduction to the Victorian capital.
After meeting your guide and the rest of the group in the city centre, you’ll be kitted out with a comfortable beach cruiser or city-style bike and helmet. You’ll have the chance to access complimentary Wi-Fi and store any personal items you won’t need on the ride. [More]
Once the tour gets underway, your experienced local guide will set a relaxed pace. You’ll make regular stops at points of interest along the way, where your guide will share anecdotes on Melbourne’s culture and history. The landmarks and attractions along the route of this Best of Melbourne Bike Tour include the Royal Botanic Gardens Victoria, the Shrine of Remembrance, Old Melbourne Gaol and the MCG.
You’ll visit some the inner-city’s famous laneways, and take in the vibrant street art. The tour then heads past the historic Royal Exhibition Building in Carlton Gardens, and on to the hip inner-city suburb of Fitzroy (made famous by several Australian TV dramas). There you’ll stop for a well-earned break. There’s the opportunity to purchase lunch or a coffee (own expense).
The tour also takes in the sights and sounds of Melbourne’s famous Chinatown, and there are one or two other surprise highlights that are guaranteed to delight participants of all ages.
90% of this Best of Melbourne Bike Tour takes place on designated bike paths and in parks, which makes it a safe and relaxed experience. Melbourne is an extremely bike-friendly city, and the tour is suitable for adults and children. All you need to do is let us know the ages of children at the time of booking, and appropriate bikes will be provided.
Start your booking