‘Melburnians are spoilt for choice when it comes to great Asian food and everyone has their go-to favourite places to chow down around bustling Chinatown. This tour will introduce visitors to a number of the tastiest options.’
- Enjoy a relaxed guided stroll around the laneways and arcades of Melbourne’s CBD and colourful Chinatown precinct
- Indulge in generous tastings of the city’s diverse array of Asian culinary styles
- Savour Chinese dumplings, Vietnamese bao buns, Japanese delicacies and spicy Korean fare
- Learn some of the rich history of Chinatown
- Maximum group size: 15.
- Guided small group walking tour with commentary
- Friendly and knowledgeable local guide
- Generous tastings at five contrasting eateries
- Tips from your guide for more restaurants to try during your stay in Melbourne.
- One house alcoholic beverage.
Adults/children: AUD $90pp
This tour has one standard price for adults and children. This tour is not suitable for children under the age of ten.
What you can expect
The Victorian capital’s diverse Asian culinary scene is inextricably entwined with the rich history of Chinatown, and on this intimate Tantalising Asian Food Walking Tour of Melbourne you’ll get a generous helping of both!
The tour begins at Melbourne’s riverfront Southbank precinct. There you’ll meet your friendly and knowledgeable foodie guide and the rest of your group. You’ll set off on an easy stroll through the CBD to begin your journey of culinary exploration. [More]
You’ll work your way across the city towards bustling Chinatown. This part of Melbourne has been a hub of multi-culturalism since the 1850s, and today it’s home to a diverse range of Asian cuisines.
Your guide will lead you to five contrasting eateries over the course of three hours, for an included food tasting at each venue. As you sample their signature dishes such as Chinese dumplings, Vietnamese bao buns and specialty Japanese delicacies, your guide will share interesting aspects of the history of Melbourne’s Asian community and its culture.
At one venue you’ll also enjoy an included house alcoholic beverage of your choice.
At the completion of this Tantalising Asian Food Walking Tour of Melbourne you’ll walk away with a true insight into Melbourne’s Asian food scene, and the confidence to explore in more depth on your own.
This Tantalising Asian Food Walking Tour of Melbourne is a must-do for visitors, and even locals who are looking for a refresher course on great places to eat in the CBD. You’ll be amazed at what you discover!
Start your booking